View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #5

Vacuum sales LOL
Approx 1972 a buddy called and if he got 10 demos for this vacuum company he would get his for just the sales tax. I said ok.
I was impressed with the vacuum, the Little Green Pig. But told they guy if the 10 demos was a scam I would be their biggest nightmare. For the $400 you have to fill out a loan app.
Well, it was and I was.
A coworker, one of the first on the list I gave them, liked it so much he paid the $412 cash. After that they only contacted a couple on my list. Their tricks were if you had any one night of the week you weren't home that was their only time - you get the picture. Well I had two couples that were retired and always home. The dummies made 2 or 3 appts with each and never showed.
So my friend and I had been in communication and he and the guy that got him in wanted me to join them for a meeting at the companies office. Goons came out of everywhere, flat noses, cauliflower ears, missing fingers LOL. So the BS just flows and my friend and his are buying it - I'm not, I refuse to even shake their hands.
So my Dad contacts the DA and he wants these guys out of business so I draft up a letter and the company got wind of it somehow and asked to come read it before I sent it. So I agree and he wants all the good stuff removed, when I refuse he offers to take the letter to the DA for me. LOL I declined his offer.
I had been in contact with the loan company from the beginning and they never released the money to the vacuum company.
We got the vacuum for $12 tax and some letters and still have it, works great still.