View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #197
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Since we'll be making solid mount mounts we are going to want use a rubber transmission mount. The drivetrain has to have some give somewhere or it'll break the trans.
Instead of solid motor mounts and rubber trans, I was thinking Delrin all the way through, motor, trans, pinion. Please advise. Derin is very strong and rigid, but has just enough compliance to keep metal fatigue and stress failures from emerging. Gods willing this car will make hundreds and hundreds of passes. I'd like it to be durable as can be (after we blow up the rear end maybe. ). My understanding is that most serious modern draggers have gone away from solid mounts.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)