View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #2672
Graphics B*tch

So a co-worker has a hook-up on Toyo tires and the Mach was in dire need of some new shoes so I got a set of Proxes 4plus from him for a great deal. His buddy owns a shop in Garden Grove (Rim and Tire Center) and said to take them over there and he would mount them for $15 each. That was a good deal so I went over there after work a little over a week ago now After a couple of failed attempts the owner said he could not mount the rears due to a poor rim design. He said there was no recessed area on the inside of the rim to fit the tire into to make it easier to get the tire on and off the rim. He said he did not want to risk scratching them. I had him do the fronts which we no big deal and thought I would just take them to Firestone the next day and have them do it. I paid, hopped in the car and went home. The next morning I went to Firestone and looked at the rim that the shop the night before had tried to mount my tire to and noticed a few pretty good scratches on it. The shop had scratched my rim anyway. I called the shop later that day and the owner was not there so they took my name and contact info down. After almost a week of no call back I called again and spoke with the owner. He said the rim came in without a scratch and left without a scratch and that he could not account for what happened to the rim after it left his shop. He said I should have said something about it before I left his shop. After going back a forth for a while it was evident he was not going to fix his mistake. As a result I got a scratched rim for christmas! Note to self, always check the shop's work before leaving.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten