View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #42
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Unless you know something I don't, those are more or less $8k when you're done. On the upside it'd be brand new and about as "bullet proof" as it's going to get for the same or even more power.

As much as or more than the scratch for the motor, I shudder at the idea of integrating it with my LS1 ECU and programming.
It should just be swap in and go. Nate has an LS3 in his C5, coil packs, ecu, everything should be the same. If you're doing a new engine, then you should get the exhaust the car needs anyhow and will probably benefit from a retune no matter what. Steve at PD likes to work on LS cars alot more than our POS mustangs and says 430rwhp out of a LS3 is about as difficult as your morning shit.

CAVEAT. I looked on the GM page and they no longer offer the Hot-Rod Kit, only the E-rod kit, which is a complete plug and play, with ECM, drive by wire, wiring harness, cats yadda yadda.

The Hot Rod Kit, was essentially the same engine, less the electronics, cats, intake and other stuff. For a while GM was selling them for $4000, then it was up to 51XX, now I don't see it at all.

I did find this one on Summit, however since you are just going for a repair you do not need a full turn key motor. I would look at the performance companies for LS3 long blocks and swap your shit over
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/na...1326/overview/
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!