View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #92
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Who's doing your cam?
He said SLR, whoever they are. I can ask more when I pick it up if you have any questions. Basically just waiting for pistons now.

So it looks like
Gaskets: MLS Stock
Pistons: Mahle -4cc forged
Rods: RPM H-Beam forged
Bearings: King
Lifters: LS7
Cam: custom grind billet done by SLR, basically 114LSA mid 220 +- durations
Springs: matched to final cam and lifters
Rockers: keeping stock
Fasteners: FPS

Bore/hone
Pressure test for heads
Head touch up/valve work
Resurfacing
Internal Balancing
Assembly

Don't have final prices all in yet,but I'm guessing all parts and labor, machine work etc. is probably in the $2,500 +- $300 range.

I'm *guessing* with the tiny increase in displacement, the drop in CR, the difference in cam, that my power will be basically the same, around 390WHP, but a MUCH tougher engine and probably smoother after all the balancing and blue printing.

My nightmare scenario is missing something like a hairline fracture in a liner that pops right away. But he says everything is looking ok at the moment.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)