View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #365
I, Vettezuki

Default If NA

Just FYI,

I'm pretty much striking out everywhere I look for 174 parts, and the blower services aren't getting back to me. I would be interested in going NA if the 174 doesn't work, but if we do, I'd like to make it kinda gnarly by going to a nasty solid cam/lifters (would also have to change springs since they're being setup for the mild hydraulic blower cam we have now). I think this is pretty much what Ron and Bird had in mind. But the big thing I'd like to try in this case is to go E85. That would be our challenge as well as our little talking point. I'm guessing, but an aggressive E85 tune (cool charge, 105~ octane) on a high spinning big cam, LT headers, etc. should be good for hi 300s maybe even crack a 400 to the wheels on the 306. We could also keep the IRS and that plus not having the blower means the car would be quite a bit lighter, maybe down to <=2,500lbs.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)