Thread: Death Kart
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
This one was a very high budget car. It was my senior design project. There were ten of us on the team and it took about 1.5 years. THe frame was designed with adams, I used fluent to design the manifolds. Everything was one off. THe differential was a torsen unit, brakes willwood. THe frame was welded using 1.25" chromoly that was only .06" thick. Nose was Kevlar and side pods were carbon fiber.

As far as the motor it was a 2004 F4I with the stock transmission. The rear gear was like 80 teeth. It ran with a GT25 turbo and used E85. It made 70rwhp with a 18mm convergent divergent intake nozzle. It topped out at like 75mph, but with a good burnout (also got to fuck around with the shocks) it will lift the front end. It pulled 1.56 G's on the skidpad. 70rwhp 400lbms with way more brake and contact patch than any bike.

The tubing from the frame was donated, and raytheon sponsored the team. We participated in Mosoon program that won sunrace for the U of A; which got us access to endless supplies of CF and Kevlar. Somewhere I have a DVD full of pics from the build. I'll try to find it.
That sounds slick, you have to find pics