View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #572
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Don't worry too much about getting a "blow through" carb. All you really need is a double pumper with black nitrophyl floats, and even the floats can be upgraded. A carb designed for a blower will always be better, but if it's a difference of a couple hundred dollars don't sweat it.

Have you thought about taking the blower to a machine shop, and having them spin you a new crank piece or whatever it was that broke off? If thems guys can weld on heads, I don't see why they couldn't weld and grind on a blower. Just need some heat and maybe a bearing pack right? Parts is parts.
I thought as soon as you push air through a carb you need a boost reference for the fuel pressure.

The bearing plate is dented and cracked in half. I asked my uncle's machine shop. Even at the family hourly rate, the time it would take to do all the measurements and build the code for the 4 axis machine is several days and poof $1,500. It would, however, be a reproducible part at that point.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)