View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #25

thanks for all the info lxy, your pretty much said what i wanted to hear as far as buying the car back.

also i never planned on selling my car ever my plan was to keep it under 45-50k miles and then garage it till hover cars come out lol.

also lxy that crack on the windshield was from my hand not my head.....pretty crazy huh but i think me already having a crack in the windshield helped that out.

but ya what i was getting at was that my friend actually sold and fixed up salveaged evo's for profit, he bought them both for 4-5 grand one with heavey rear end damage and one with heavey front damage similar to mine. well he got them fixed 100% perfectly the wripples in the paint look factory! and spent about 8k in the end to fix both and he ended selling one for 17,000 and the other for 20,000. i also had another friend that had a salvaged evo that was bought for around 7k at an auction and he ended up trading this guy pink slip for pink slip on his 2004 honda s2000 with a clean title and decent milege......

where im pretty much getting at is that my car has a strong salvage market as far as buyers if i where to get her fixed and re-slang her.

oh ya on a side note the shop where my friend fixed up his salvaged evo's just so happends to be the same shop my insurence told me to drop my car off at. so thats a plus....but they charged my friend less for labor work, and told him if he was an insurence company ther would have quadrupled the labor price on the work they did. kinda sucks if my car where to get totalled because of some greedy assed wanted to charge there astronomicle ass labor rate!

brutal- thanks man i appreciate thati guess i find out today around 2-5pm on what fate they pick for it

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.