View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #98
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
So all of that basically gives the CHP the right to pounce on your ass and shove fines up it if they feel like it. You could prob do a burnout in an alcohol blown 632BB 1969 Corvette tubbed with a solid axle, slicks and a wheelie bar as you drive past the CHP station off the 5 freeway and no one would take a second look for your PCV valve. But if they wanted to... they could, and they could take your car away for a year and until you fix all the smog stuff.
Thanks for the legal details. It's kinda what I was saying in a round about sort of way (I think).

a) yeah, there are rules
b) you aren't going to a smog station every two years (important bit) . . . so
c) you'd "probably" never have a problem, especially with something like a modern engine (especially if you sorta kept it like a modern engine with cats, etc.) in a pre 1976 . . . but
d) because we live in a kind of police state, the man can f with you at will

Basically, I follow the law very strictly (almost). But I wouldn't worry at all about doing a Silvia swap into an old 240 and making it pretty naughty.

And I repeat my idea for smog regs. Every year/make/model should have defined emissions standards for actual emissions (sniffer). As long as I'm within those standards for my chassis, 1982 Corvette in my case, get the f out of my life you Fascist twats.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)