View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Crankcase is blowing air at me like crazy, oil is still clean. Consensus seems to be that it's a f'd ring or a hole/ crank in my piston. Pistons are forged so I'm optimistic and hoping that it's a ring.

Also, this engine only made 135psi in each cylinder when it was running good. And it's always made less power than it should for what it is, someone hypothesized that my rings were installed upside down. It would def explain things. Either way, pistons are coming out.

Also, this would explain the excessive crankcase pressure that I've always had a problem with. Anyone else remember the oil squirting out on dyno day? Maybe it wasn't the intake leak.

Just pray for me that the pistons are still usable and the cylinder is still smooth.

How big is the cam in the Vette and what's the compression? The Cobra with a 110 lobe seperation and 9:1 has 155psi cranking pressure. Also, how much boost are you running? Did you ever here it detonate? Forged pistons can take quite a bit of abuse. I've had the Cobra detonate quite a bit with the forged pistons and haven't had a problem with them in the 2 years they've been in there. I also have around 30,000-40,000 hard miles on it.