View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Yeah, so I thought I blew my motor last night.

Since it was a nice day and I barely drive the Cobra last night I took it out to visit a friend. On the way home I lined up next to SoCalC55 and we punched it up to about 110mph. I barely pulled on him and the car felt down on power. I was rounding the corner and he said it smelled too. I then noticed a substance all over the passenger side windshield that had blown out of the engine bay. I hit the windshield wiper and it was obviously viscous

At this point I'm freaking out and pull into my garage expecting the worst. I open the hood and fluid is all over. I go and get a flashlight and I can see it appears to be coolant and it looks like it's coming from the intercooler tank. I called Sir_Riccus and he told me to start the car and open up the tank to see if the coolant was circulating. I start the car and take the cap off the tank and it's boiling in there. I guess intercooler pump failures are common on our cars and that's what happened to mine. As soon as I got in the boost the coolant boiled and was coming out of the cap.

I had changed the oil last weekend and didn't notice any problems so I think it just failed last night. Sir_Riccus and Curry101 are coming over this weekend hopefully to help me fix it, so I'll let you all know at that point.

Once I get it fixed I want a rematch Sean