View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonSleeps View Post
Yes our cars have good low end torque, AWD = lots of drivetrain loss.

if you see my pump 91 octane run, the torque dies off, but my HP holds a good 300whp up to redline.
That's what I mean. Without sounding like a complete a$$hole, I've raced many STis and Evos at the track. The pull hard out of the hole then I walk right on by. Simply my engine continues to do more work (HP) where these motors flatten out fast. I'm talking about stock or moderately modded ones up to about your level. Beasts are beasts, different story.

Quote:
its a possibility the turbo doesnt act the way NA motors do, Because the torque drop you see is nowhere near noticeable, just likes to keep pulling.

. . .

as you can see the torque dies off on turbo upgraded cars also. The HP goes up, thats what matters in the end.
Exactly. The HP would go up a lot more if the torque were more stable. This is a big part of the design in a turbo car, depending on application, where it will spend most of it's time (rev vs. boost), etc.

My point is that I think your car may have a slight breathing problem for the torque to fall off quite that rapidly. Probably a turbo size/effeciency issue. I've seen similar things on stock GX-P turbo pulls. But I've also seen turbos that go to high torque and stay there, which means a more linear HP curve up to red line.

Let me ping our resident turbo guru.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)