View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

You have a very selective way of reading. Apparently you missed the "So what?" part. It precisely dose NOT matter that I could or could not beat you, they are completely different cars with different designs for different purposes. That is my point. It does not matter. Do you have what you want? That matters.

Let me reverse the order and make the same point. Your friend's built STi could probably thrash my Vette in every measurable way. How much do I care? Zero. Because the Vette's purpose in my life is not to beat built STis, or anything else for that matter (other than Sean.) It performs at a level and in a way I enjoy. I will continue to focus on and improve aspects over time with the help of people here who have knowledge I don't, or simply bring up an idea I didn't think of. A guy who is way into Turbo 4-cyl cars, but who knows the physics of chassis design, engine building, transmissions, or has knowledge about fabrication can provide a lot of useful information to me regardless of what he chooses to drive. Am I making myself clear?

Just trying to talk shit politely? Nonsense. You now have pages of technical information constituting a discussion on the specifics of the subject (that is an engine making power) that you posted about. Remember I first posted regarding the specifics of the torque curve in your dyno sheet, which looked a little peculiar to me the way it falls off. I was just trying to identify specifically what causes that and how it could be addressed . . . if you wanted to.

While you accuse BA and me of just riding your ass (partially true) and not discussing anything (completely false) you have made statements about Rally cars and restrictions that are absolutely false.

Are you interested in building your knowledge or did you just want some acknowledgment for your accomplishment? If it's the latter then my apologies for wasting your time.
Building my knowledge and some acknowledgment is practically whats expected in a forum discussion. Like i said, i am open to opinions without flaming and talking straight shit. I know this vf43 is a dinky turbo and i DONT know why that would be a reason for my car being SHIT???. i know my car lacks air flow and is restricted in certain areas, i know that my car is nowhere near comparable to a vett or any other high hp cars. But like Sean stated above, each person has their likings and nobody will ever come to a conclusion saying in each persons Opinion in what car is shit or not.

Vette i know we started getting into the torque curve discussion, did i not reply back with the info you needed to figure out why our cars have torque curves we do??? The questions you have discussed were partially answered from my tuner and gave you more of a understanding.

Then, we had gotten into this transmission discussion and all of a sudden you have a person, who really, really didnt know jack shit about usdm or jdm or 5 speeds or 6 speeds that subarus are equipped with. So how in the hell would they come to a conclusion or statement saying that our cars that claim being fast off the line and have good low end power without our trannys breaking down an opinion and not a fact??? Nearly bulletproof the 6 speed is a fact. Roadrace cars with 600+whp and tq still use sti 6 speeds. I never said BULLETPROOF, GO AHEAD TAKE A CRACK AT IT!

I never said 1 thing about anyones cars, but i shouldve assumed there would be some randoms who post on here with off the subject statements and facts that have nothing to do with MY car.

From reviewing this whole thread, questions were not even asked about my car to simply have some more knowledge. More just to post on this thread and say some smart ass remark as well as people starting to stay on the subject, but get so damn cocky, they start to get sidetracked and try to prove a point...

I will admit being false in the "Rally" discussion and my knowledge about these restrictors were not of a understanding to me fully.

If my wagon with the power it has, as well as being able to drive a/s tires without much tractions loss, going up in the snow without any chains/tires etc. being able to fit 3-4 snowboards and carry 3 people without racks? being able to drive in the rain without worrys of traction loss is weak and something you have no interest in. then keep it to yourself.

If you wanna talk about my future mods and things that could of help me out instead of calling my car SHIT with a quick conclusion, im more happy to discuss and vent about this.

My car was purposely bought for my recreational life and purposes. Like i really bought my wagon to build up power and come run my mouth??? F*** NO.

Shouldve titled the THREAD, NO FLAMERS

the 492whp STi is running on Stock internals, Stock clutch. C16 race gas 28psi......