View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to sinaSRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post

#1 Throttle Position Sensor.
This needs to be rewired. I have the rewiring kit with sensor plug. Unfortunately the SRT is DBW unlike my older Integra which had a throttle cable. Common problem on SRTs, the wiring tends to wear out after days and days of continuous movement during daily driving. This causes poor idle, rev match, poor acceleration, and generally poor performance. This will entail cutting and splicing new wiring into the engine harness, soldering, and using heat shrink tubing. I have everything but the solder and don't care to cut into such an important piece of my car without a little extra knowledge.

#2 Shifter Crossover Cable
Tighten. Causes loose shifting. This requires purely mechanical expertise and I do have access to a How-To.

#6 E-Brake cable
Needs to be tightened so my car doesn't roll when I have the ebrake cranked all the way up. It's yet another common issue haha. Needs adjustment so that I don't have to crank it up as high as the thing goes.

Ok.. thats a good start. If I obtain a TOB fork and TOB that will very quickly be moved up to a priority. It's disgusting.

So please, anyone who has some knowledge or knowhow... name your terms! I'm not looking for you to DO it. Just for some help and possibly better facilities.

Once the brake and TPS and TOB fork get dealt with I'll finally get to head to the track again. So you'll be helping me get out there again!!

What's up guys . Tyler, I can definitely help you out with the problems quoted above. For the tranny rebuild you will need to contact Joe Dirt on SRT forums since he knows the SRT-4 inside and out and does awesome work at a great price. He is the go to guy for SRT transmission rebuilds. Dropping the clutch and swapping out the clutch/TOB/And clutch release fork is not that difficult but it requires some time which I do not have.

I can also take a look at the leak from your O2 housing to see if we can fix it and do some boost leak testing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.