Thread: 2JZ vs. RB26
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
2JZ all the way! The stock shortblock it good for ~800rwhp. Don't expe\t to get much more than 5K miles out of a big power build.

26RB has weak rods (relatively speaking) the short block is only good for about 500whp with a good tune. Any slight detonation and you're F'd in the A.
I don't want to be F'd in the A. One of the other guys here mentioned that the NA 2JZ (not 2JZGTE) is a better starting point because the heads flow better. Then put on your own single turbo. If I did something like this, I want a quick spool and linear power curve, not a laggy explosion of power. Is two smaller turbos in banks of 3 better than a moderate turbo across all six cyliners. Please to explain. I'm guessing it's all about rotational inertia and that acutally the one moderate turbo is across six is even better than two smaller turbos across 3.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)