View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Further, the Chevelle is a purpose drag car isn't it? I think the Cobra would be a better comparison to Cambria. I've never put anything higher than 91 in Cambria, and I never will. Not my intent with the car. Her job is to be able to punish a C6 on the freeway from a roll and look good as I drive the gf around on the weekends.
The Chevelle wasn't built specifically for drag racing. It has stock big block springs in the front with a coil and half cut off, stock rear spring, stock 12 bolt with stock axles and a stock posi with 3.73 gear. The only thing specific as far as the suspension is concerned is a set of 90/10 shocks in the front that are about 17 years old. Sure, it's gutted but that wasn't for drag racing, that's because I was in the process of restoring it and ran out of funds. I have all the interior for it in my shed. I did install some safety things such as the aluminum rear package tray and the roll cage.

Also, the Chevelle only put down 530rwhp on a 150 shot so if your at where you think you are you should be 100rwhp more than me and you have a lighter car. As for the dyno test, I don't have AFR gauge so I wanted to run it on the dyno to see where it's at and also to get the timing dialed in. I spent about 2 hours tuning it on Friday and it's running really good so I probably will not run it on the dyno and just see what it does at the track.

I think you need to take Ben up on the offer to barrow his ET Streets because I think you and I need to run on the 31st. I'll even run you on just motor for the first run.