View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default OC Auto Show 2009

Here's some selected pics from the 2009 OC Auto Show.

Here's the full album with lots more.

The gang from an undisclosed location.

Click on the pics for their full glory.

If Corvette were to shoot for full exotic status, this would be a great direction to go. I thought this was strictly a one off for Transformers, but apparently it holds some design cues for the next Gen.

The rear may be a bit over the top, but some shrinking and refinement could make it work well I think. Apparently the split window, a la 63' is one of the cues that might make it back. There is a long and fascinating story behind the split window Corvette of 63'. It was a battle of titans in engineering and design.

Gas station of the future. (Or it might be hydrogen for Fuel Cells, probably smarter.)

Direct injection and itty bitty turbos are one way to maximize the best of performance, fuel effeciency, and emissions.

The rotors on the rear of the ZR-1 are bigger than the stock ones on the front of my C3.

Mopar bitches

Simply one of the best driving values in the world, bar none, period.

Sort of Honda's take on the Brutalism school (GM). Somehow it comes off a bit ham fisted, but it doesn't offend me as much as some.

Simply one of the most perfect shapes ever laid to paper.

I know the era of explosion engines won't last forever. But there is some beauty, some harmony, some music in the mechanics of these designs and it's going to be a little bit sad when they're gone.

And this is what's next.

This isn't a great pic, but the R8 looks good in pics . . . it looks fantastic in person. A stunning first effort in the super car realm by Audi. Of course, their history dating back to Auto Union more amazing than most realize.

And for fun. Adam's face. What's he looking at I wonder?

Could it be. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)