Thread: Diesel SUVs
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Up until quite recently Americans have viewed diesel as being strictly for industrial applications. The Europeans, however, mostly because of more expensive fuel, have looked towards diesel as an economic option for consumer transportation. This is reflected in the fact the Europeans have diesel cars from rather small (like 1.3L) up through SUVs and the fact they way the crack petroleum itself is even designed to yield more diesel.

Interestingly Americans like hybrids more than diesel as an mpg solution, the Europeans are the opposite. They don't much care for hybrids generally. There are hybrid American SUVs.

In short we haven't looked to diesel as a consumer option for much of anything and to my knowledge there is no American made diesel SUV. There was a Jeep Wrangler (or might have been Liberty) for a while that had a Daimler diesel but I don't know about now.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)