Thread: 2005 WRX tuning
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #10

That's true. And funding. I have donated a few times to Romraider. I figure if I can't give them my time, might as well give them a few bucks to pay for the beer for a long night of ECU reverse-engineering and programming.

Also, for anyone with MeOH tuning experience, I have a few questions I need help with:

#1 Target AFRs.
How should I tune, knowing that my WBO2 reads 0.5 richer when injecting? Should I adjust my fueling targets until my WBO2 indicates my target? My gut tells me that this is not accurate, but if I just ignore my WBO2 I run the risk of cylinder wash.

#2 If I am offsetting my targets, at what boost PSI should my MeOH controller be set to start injecting? My gut tells me to set it to start after closed loop transition and a few hundred RPM before peak VE, based on the spool characteristics. If all goes well, I should be getting a MAF signal based controller soon, and then I believe this will be a moot point.

After establishing the fueling relationship, I'm pretty sure I can get my timing advance dialed in. I just want to establish the right relationship of fuel to MeOH/Water first.

Here are my fueling targets. After becoming obsessed with MAF scaling for about a month (ask my wife, she was totally sick of me pulling over every 20 minutes of driving for a little tweak), my actual AFRs are within 0.2AFR of my targets (+/-2.0%.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuel.jpg (196.8 KB, 5 views)

Engine
- APS SR-30 Turbo
- Titek Bellmouth catted downpipe
- Borla Catback
- Boost Cooler Methanol Injection with VCS-25 controller
- GM Boost control solenoid
- Open Source tuned

Chassis
-Perrin Anti-lift kit
-22mm SPT rear swaybar