View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture
. . .
I had no desire to be witty or sarcastic. I just wanted to know what the smart thing was to do.

I'm not absolutely 100% sure, but I believe this was an actual violation of your Constitutional rights, no joke.

“ The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_...s_Constitution

The question is one of probable cause. I do no think having a questionable vehicle parked in front of your Apt. really constitutes probable cause.

I'm a big fan of the Police chasing down actual bad guys, but I'm not fond of a Police State. As you describe it, you may want to file a formal complaint against the officers (did you get their names?) with their department. Probably won't accomplish much, but should become part of their record. They acted with disregard and indifference to your private property.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)