View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Essentially. But there's a reason the 74 and earlier vettes had problems with the frame cracking with high enough hp. Do a search on CF. 78 and 79 were actually the strongest C3s available and the heaviest. Strongest frame, strongest diff.

You could drop any C3 body on any C3 frame, without the frame extensions and crash harware of the later C3s, but yes, frames were different. I'm sure Glenn or Bird could explain this better than I can.
I knew they had different diffs, but didn't know there was much difference in any of the frames. I'll ask Glenn tonight. FWIW, I like my 3,100lbs full wet weight C3.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)