View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #20
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
No way the test was done in error. The vette at full throttle is only 96 db. 3db represents a doubling of sound amplitude. This would mean that your car is 7.3x louder than my car. I have full exhaust high flow cats long tube headers and the loudest exhaust CORSA makes. I would go to court. The test results are not realistic.
That's interesting and seems damn near impossible that my car with the stock exhaust is 7.3 times louder than a modded vette.... I'm going to have to take it to court. The ref DID say that bringing the rpms UP I was at about 97db, and it only spiked on the decel. Damn popping.

He tested me at 4050rpms as well. To be CRUISING at 4050 rpms that is about 2/3 of my power band. I redline at 6200 rpms. Its ridiculous for me to cruise at that rpm. Its only about 40mph in second and already in third it puts me at about 60-75 ish, in 4th it'll put me at over 120mph and 5th it'll put me probably well over 150!!!!??? I can't even imagine bein at 4050 in 5th... Its just not a prudent test imo. Should be tested at cruising... Closer to 3050 rpms, most of the time I cruise around 2500 on the fwy in 5th.

Thanks for the tip BADDASSC6

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!