View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . (excluding air to fuel ratio, but this SHOULD be constant) including wind resistance. . . .
Que? My A/F is dialed in pretty good. As I recall it's 14.x:1 < 2,000 rpm and like 12:1 at >4,000. That's not a trivial difference. However, is relatively constant and lean at lower rpms if that's your point.

[QUTOE]It is simply telling you how hard your engine is working. Therefore, the more vacuum you see on the guage, the better gas mileage you will get (at the lowest rpm possible). Have you seen some new cars that display a read out of the gas mileage on the dash? Those use formulas to determine the mpg, using a reading from a vacuum guage as the variable.[/quote]

I would imagine it's also using duty-cycle readings from the Fuel Injectors. After all, that's giving a pretty accurate reading of the actual amount of fuel that's flowing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)