View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #20
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
It's a mechanical throttle. Like most modern cars.
ummm.. by mechanical you mean i'd physically be able to hold the throttle cable with my finger from the bay right?

if so then yah, it's electrical. Thats one of the things i had to rewire a few months ago...

ok... results

ok ran a compression test... all cylinders were consistent w/n 5psi for each test.

cylinder 1-4 was at about 110 for 3 tests of 5-7 revolutions.

on each test it was a low or a high spike (not more than a 5 psi variance) on initial crank for only 1 or two revolutions, after that the remaining revolutions were consistent so i think those can be excused. call it 110 across the board i think.

Problem is getting a misfire code for c#4, and a camshaft position sensor code.

at this point i'm thinking my piston rings are prob. ok, and i should be more concerned about the head gasket.

input?

I don't know if this is "low" compression for my car, i'm trying to figure that out.

Enkei, pulled off the oil cap and on the cap itself there appeared to be a silver milky substance. couldn't see any of that ANYWHERE else tho, even on the metal below the cap.

U were right about the oil/water i think. happened on start up for a few minutes, then got to operating temperature and stopped smoking and dripping.

my buddy will be here a little later to help me troubleshoot.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!