Thread: CC Processing
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Ben, I deal with a lot of companies that offer credit card processing. I really need to know some more info before I can tell you what type of equipment would suit your business. Also be aware that with being a new business it will be a lot harder to get approved for processing. This is where I can help along with maybe getting a little better discount rate. I left you a message on your cell so if you want to call me and give me a little more info I can have someone call you.

Just so everyone has some basic info, Visa and Mastercard (V/MC) charge the merchant to process credit cards. There are companies called processors who handle the routing of the transaction between the merchant and V/MC. The processors also charge a percentage for the processing. The processors don't usually sign merchants up direct so there are other companies that do that. They also charge a percentage of each transaction.

How a credit card is taken and what type a business the company is also effects the discount rate. The higher the risk (mail order, internet, etc) the higher the rate V/MC charge.