View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy View Post
Vehicle Pollution Emission Regulations
27157. The State Air Resources Board, after consultation with, and pursuant to the recommendations of, the commissioner, shall adopt such reasonable regulations as it determines are necessary for the public health and safety regarding the maximum allowable emissions of pollutants from vehicles upon a highway. Such regulations shall apply only to vehicles required by Part 5 (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code or any federal law or regulation to be equipped with devices or systems to control emission of pollutants from the exhaust and shall not be stricter than the emission standards required of that model year motor vehicle when first manufactured.

Amended Ch. 373, Stats. 1979. Effective January 1, 1980.
If you are operating your vehicle on state and federal highways, according to vehicle code they have the right.

It still doesn't mean that they can check it with out my consent. They would need a warrant to do a smog check with out my consent. To do the check they would have to KNOW that my car is a gross polluter and they cant just use probable cause unless my car is dumping black smoke or something like that.
Because there is no way to tell if my car is a gross polluter from just looking at a car.

Now saying all of this my cars pass smog every two years and I don't do anything that will make them not pass smog.