View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Almost all of them are drums. There was one that was hit from behind in the Stanton pick your part on Beach with disk brakes a few months ago, I think it was red. It had the 3.70 LSD. We were going to go back and get that one but then we found the 4.10 in the other lot. Not sure if it's still there but it's worth the $2 and the drive to find out.

Print out a list of diff codes of Ranger forum and take it with you. The code is on the sticker on the drivers side door. If the sticker isn't there you can count the revolutions to make sure it's LSD. Open diffs spin twice as much as they're supposed to. The 8.5 was like $200 out the door with the brakes.

P.S. If you want my friends 7.5 I'm sure he'd give it to you or sell it to you really really cheap. It only has like 40K miles on it. But you would need to weld your perches and mounts on it. It's a 3.70 and he has all the drum hardware for it.
All the 96+ explorers had disks in the back. Problem is your competing with all the jeep and ranger guys who pull them to replace their dana44/7.5.

I've found a few up north for around $250 just having trouble justifying that plus getting the spring perches flipped for a truck that was free.