View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I've had some little issue with the Cobra that I have been wanting to fix but haven't taken the time because I was always driving it. They were minor, like a lifter that was tapping slightly at idle and an exhaust leak. Well after running the Roval back in January I had more problems like the clutch broke. So the Cobra had been sitting until last week when I put the new clutch in.

Tonight I decided I would start fixing the other things. I decided I would start with the header gasket figuring I could knock it out in a night and be able to drive the car tomorrow. Well it didn't turn out that easy. I had to remove the TB and elbo so I could get to the header. I then found that the valve cover gasket was leaking so I went to pull it off only to find that I had to remove the upper intake to remove the valve cover.

So I pulled the upper intake and then decided since I have it this far apart I might as well pull the lower intake and install the new lifters and adjust the valves which I did. But when I started to clean the lower intake I noticed that the intake port were quite a bit smaller than the intake ports on the AFR heads. So then I started porting the lower intake until Amy came out and said that dinner was ready. So I put everything away and will finish the porting tomorrow.

Am I the only one that ends up with half the engine torn down just trying to fix an exhaust leak?