View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
My passenger side seatbelt needed to come out. To take it out I had to remove the seat. I figured, while it was out I should dye it black, so I took out both seats and both belts.

While the belts were in FL getting fixed and I couldn't drive the car I decided to pull all of the headliner out, repair the cracked pieces and dye them all black too.

Then I decided to buy and install the Mustang e-brake to clear my T-56 that I had thought about doing for awhile. So I cut up the floor, bolted it down and mended the stock cable to the Mustang cable. Which has broken twice, but I think I've got the crimping process down better now.

Then I decided to remove the center console once the e-brake cover was off and lay out the one piece fiberglass console.

Then I decided to remove the door panels and the dash because everything else was getting changes from blue to black, so might aswell do it all now.

But first I decided to do some plastic welding and gluing on my cracked dash before dying it.

After removing the dash and all of the vent tubing I realized the steering column needed to be painted black to match the interior. So off came the steering wheel and horn assembly.

Then I realized that while my guage clusters were out with the dash I should remove the clock and install my boost guage behind the cluster.

Then I decided to make some fiberglass bezels to move my speakers from the dash down to the kick panels because the carpet dash cover kills all of the high frequencies. Which involved a bit of rewiring, not just the speaker wires, but moving the wires behind the kick panels elsewhere.

Then I decided to redye my seats because they looked more gray than black. Also I almost forgot, I needed to dye my seatbelt holsters and the e-brake handle black too.

Wait you forgot the part about dyno tuning it so you would know how much power it made or the part about taking it to the track to see what it would run. Got to fix those things too.