View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy View Post
and if they were being bad, why not just put them in time out?

sorry, could'nt resist. In the automotive industry it is completely inacceptable to use the term "bad" to describe a failed part. I have to pound it in to my technicians to keep them from using the term. B.A.R and G.M both do not like it. Every repair order has to have a compaint, cause of failure, and correction. Technicians like to try to use bad as a cause of failure. Example ( performed diagnosis for right front window will not roll up. Tested all powers and grounds to window motor and found "bad" window motor.) How about " tested all powers and grounds to window motor and found window motor has an internal open circuit." The word defective can be used but you still need to describe why on a repair order. So when they do this, I tell them "if the part is bad, try putting it in time out."
Sounds like corporate marketing psyschology more than sensible tech advice. Like the same reasons the cars in video games don't get fucked up when they hit a wall. The manufacturers don't want them to appear unsafe. Here, the manufacturers don't produce "bad" parts either.

But regardless, I'll rephrase my question for you. RON, who manufactured your fucked up lifter? Better?

P.S. My friend Mike, used to be a Mercedes Tech. When a customer told him that the car was making a "funny noise," he would tell them to come back when the noise was "hilarious."