View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #1

Default Definition of a Project (no 56k)

So I invited Jerry over to my place to help me with a cooling issue I had with my Firebird a few months ago right after the engine swap. Big mistake. He saw my future project vehicle and immediately jizzed in his pants. I haven't touched it except to repair some electrical since buying it. Anyways, he says I can't keep it a secret any more and that I have to post pics and info of my project (or nightmare?).

It's a 1972 International Scout II V8 4x4. Has the original International V8 motor which was rebuilt who-knows-when-ago, 35" super swamper tires, and a whole bunch of fading paint and rust. It ran recently but has been sitting. I'm sure we can get it running again if we put a battery in and do an oil change. The right rear tire had a slow leak and wasn't refilled in time so the bead/seal on the tire got broken. I jacked the rear end back up and let the tire sit for a few months to re-form but I honestly don't know if it's save-able. The passenger side door doesn't open and the internals will probably have to be replaced. The glass is still pretty good without cracks or major pitting. It has a removable hard top and I have a bolt-in roll cage sitting on the side along with a bin or two of parts for it. Front driveshaft is not hooked up right now, but was told it was probably in one of the parts bins.

My Firebird and Jeep took priority because they are more practical, and never have the time to work on this project. At least it doesn't have smog checks!

Here are the pics:

More pics soon...