View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Oh, and it's not all about the money. I don't make a lot but I build my own and I have an 11 second dily driver and a 10 second fun car.
The whole history of hot rodding is about middle class guys scrapping together what they can to have some fun. But, all other things being equal, mo money always opens doors to mo goodies.

I'm afraid the era of affordably tweaking out cars may be winding down. Parts themselves are considerably more expensive (I'm always stunned by what the old timers say they used to pay for stuff, and that's accounting for what people used to make), people have less discretionary income for a variety of reasons, and the next generation of cars (ODBIII) are going to be radically more difficult to do performance modifications on. Sure, there will always be big dollar kits and mods, but the "whack it with a hammer" days are closing I think.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)