View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Carlos, racing the Chevelle isn't anything new for me, just racing in the PSCA is. I've been racing on this engine since 7/22/05. So I'm pretty sure I did an okay job of putting it together.

I built the current engine in the Cobra back in August of 2005 and it has over 70,000 miles on it. I did go through a set of Felpro head gaskets though and moved up to their MLS ones and I've had to fix little things here and there such as oil leaks and so forth but the long block is still the same. So I'd say I did an okay job on it as well.

Do I think both of my engines would survive in a road race car? Yes, I do. As you already know I run track days with the Cobra and the temp never goes above the R in NORMAL (about 190) and that's without an aftercooler for the supercharger. It's all about keeping the rpms under control. I guess we'll also find out if I can build an engine for road racing as well since that's what I'm doing with my '83 Camaro. It'll have a 355 that should make about 460 at the flywheel with 9:1 compression, a hydraulic flat tappet cam and cast iron heads.