View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I've hit 140mph NA, and it was easy. I look forward to pegging out the speedo at 160 next time I get a safe straightaway.

I used to slam on the gas and get into a fishtail, rock it back and forth trying to get the car as sideways as possible.

Now when I step on the gas I will lose traction easily in the first 3 gears, I enjoy feeling the rear end slide out from behind me at 90 mph.

I frequent carbon canyon road and try to average 80mph, yes average.

I'll hit up parking lots when it rains, do some donuts, get bored, then practice drifting.

No I'm not mature, yes I waste lots of gas. But my reaction time and skill enables me to do so, without ever having been in an accident. I trust myself at 160mph motre than I trust 90% of the drivers on the road at 25 mph. I'm quick, I'm safe with my mayhem (I only do it when there are no other cars in sight) I push my own limits at a gradual rate, this is the only way to learn. But in rushhour traffic, you'll never see me on the side of the road with a smashed front end. I'd rather ride shotgun in an F1 car with a pro driver (if that were possible) than ride shotgun with my grandma driving to the super market, I'd feel safer.

There is a very small percentage of people that can control a car well, and if they have the control to push a cars limits, then it is safe. Most people, should not drive a car, in any condition, whether they're 16, 36, or 56.

Last edited by enkeivette : 08-18-2008 at 08:46 PM.