View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . .
There is a very small percentage of people that can control a car well, and if they have the control to push a cars limits, then it is safe. . .
You're kind of assuming the conditions are known and static. Say you're going blasting through Carbon Canyon, there was an accident earlier in the day on a curve, a bit of oil is left on the road. . . at this point it's up to fortune, not your skill. I can come up with an infinite number of plausible scenarios that you couldn't react to fast enough.

Michael Schumacher had some pretty awesome car control I'd say, drove under completely controlled conditions, and he occasionally (rarely) made mistakes and got out of shape. The notion you can often push a high performance car near it's limits under highly controlled conditions, let alone public roads, and never get into trouble defies the laws of probability plain and simple. Put me in your Will, I always wanted a Jet Ski.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)