Thread: The SHO Expert
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #4

You can install one in a Ranger. I have a friend with a Ranger Jump Truck. You need a 1987 Aerostar bellhousing and 5 speed tranny from a vulcan (3.0 pushrod V6) powered Ranger.
You can see the truck here:
http://www.officialshocal.com/phpBB3...cbc16a4#p29054

I don't have an engine for sale, but you can find them at pick a parts. I would try to get one from SHO with an automatic transmission since the come bored out from the factory to 3.2 liters. The engines are very strong and will rev stock to 8500rpm with a tune to raise the rev limiter and underdrive pulleys to save the accessories. The engines have a wide power bands with two torque peaks. Its pretty hard to get a significant amount of power over stock normally aspirated since they already come with 73hp per liter stock. You can make huge amounts of power by supercharging, or turbosupercharging; upwards of 600whp.
I can contact Brian and may be able arrange time to go check out the SHO Ranger. The truck is strictly race truck with many mods and a custom chip.

I have a 1991 SHO with many mods, including cams, larger MAF, Exturde Honed intake, custom headers, custom exhaust etc.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z