View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Fast & Filthy

Actually, I've run the Cobra once on my radials (275/40/17 at the time) and picked up 2 mph over running my slicks. I also had to take it easy in first and second and then went hard in third. However, my slicks are about an inch and a half taller than the radials and I think the gearing is why. Your Vette most likely has a lot more torque down low than my Cobra does. So you shouldn't have the same issue as me.

I've also ran the Chevelle on a set of 255/60/15 BFG drag radials and they spun past the 1/8. I only ran a 12.?? but the MPH was 119.

Hooking up out of the hole also presents more issue that you haven't had to deal with yet. Will the clutch hold the power? My previous clutch (Center Force Dual Friction) wouldn't. It would hold first but when I grabbed second it would let go. I had to baby the first to second shift.

Will you have wheel hop? My friends GTO had it bad on Nitto drag radials but he changed to M/T ET Street radials and no longer has that issue.

Will the car bog? The same GTO had problems bogging after the tire change because the tires were no longer spinning.

It's not as easy to get a car into the 10's as people seem to think. That same GTO is now running twin turbos and makes 550rwhp. However he went from running 11.80's with a Magnacharger and 500rwhp to running 12.20's with twin turbos. He now has lag coming out of the hole but turns 123 mph. He thought for sure that he would be close to 10's with the turbos.