View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Hmm, I've gotta ask you guys if this is normal. Today I stalled in an intersection (first time I've stalled in 3 days of driving) so I acted casual, put the hazards on, put the clutch in again and made sure I was in first. However, when I went to turn the ignition it wouldn't click over. I immediately went into panic mode and tried until about the fourth time when it would turn over. Is this normal?
No. The only thing that pops into mind is a potentially faulty neutral safety switch. If it happens again, take it out of first, into neutral and back into first, pumping the clutch, and see what happens. The swtich is designed to keep you from starting in gear. Jeeps (at least most Wranglers I know of) don't have them so you can start in gear.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)