View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Started her up today and am still having a rough idle. However, I can now hear belts squealing at startup. Could these be related issues?
I'm not sure, but doubt it. Are the belts worn? Do they seem to have decent tread and tension? The squealing is coming from them slipping on the pulleys before they grab. It's worst when it's cold and the rubber is hard.

Your rough idle could be from a large number of things. How many miles? When (if ever) did it get a thorough tuneup? Fouled plugs and dead O2 sensors don't bode well for performance. A failing MAF certainly could effect your idle. Any thought you might have a leak around the intake?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)