View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

It seems it was just low on coolant last night. I topped it off, but there must have been a big air pocket in there somewhere. Before firing it up tonight I checked and it was low, topped it off again, and now it stays right around 180F.

Thanks to blackax for letting me borrow his bluetooth reader. Combined with Torque, a total $25 solution, it's amazing. You can set all kinds of things to read and log in real time.

One thing I noticed is that while cruising along in 5th gear at roughly 65mph the temp was at 180, when I up shifted to 6th and ran lower rpm, almost lugging but not quite, the temp immediately went up to about 5 degrees. I guess this must have something to do with cylinder pressures/temps at lower rpms.

Anywho, I will DEFINITELY be getting a bluetooth ODBII connector so I can run Torque all the time. It also means I don't have to be concerned about the gauges sense I can get info direct from the ECU this way. It also means I get to drive the Vette for Mulholland, the first time since Ortega in the Fall! Yeah!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)