View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What was the correction factor on the new one? I see they used STD on the 91 and 100 octane runs. Did they use it on the new one or did they use SAE?

I see that the new turbo takes a little longer to spool up. It looks like the stock one was at full boost by 3800 where the new one is at 4300. You were also making about 75lbft more torque at 3500 with the stock turbo. How does it feel in the lower rpms before the turbo starts to spool?

When you were at the strip what rpm did you use to launch at with the stock turbo and what did it do off the line? Did it spin, bog, etc.?
the e85 graph has the same std 1.03

also on the dyno or at least a dynojet because of there being less load the turbo's actually spool up later then on the streets....in normal streets the stock turbo hit full spool at 3.1-3.2k rpm and the new one hits full spool at 3.8k rpm

and believe it or not on the new turbo you can barely tell a difference in the lag department.....the only time it really hits me to down shift to get in my power band is when im cruising in 5th gear at like 2500-3000rpm because it will take a lil bit to spool up.....every other gear it spools up really quick and unless i drive like a total tool at 2000-2500rpm i cant really tell there is lag

most of my driving is in the 3000-4000rpm range even on the freeway 80mph is 4000rpm in 5th gear *we have short gears remember*

and for the strip ive only been with the stock turbo...id launch at around 6100rpm and i ended up smoking the clutch then it caught and i churped alot in 1st and a lil bit in 2nd

after i get my new clutch in im gonna launch at around 7000rpm and with the shitty tires i have on i think i could a burn out lol!!