View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
I wouldnt think they'd title an article "Gas engine car sets record at Pikes Peak" If there was a new record set. The fact that so much attention is paid to a technology like this for what it could one day be, rather than what it is, is what I dislike.
Gas engines are not novel or evolving nearly as rapidly as various electric car systems. It's interesting because it's newer tech.

Quote:
People trumpet electric cars as some great shakes, when in fact, they are, as currently configured, nearly useless. The number of people for whom they are the best option is incredibly small, and their environmental benefits are debatable at best.
Personally I think the development and marketing of electric (mostly hybrids so far) has been a little off base. Where they'd shine is in smaller urban based environments, where the total mileage is not so high. Things like all electric minis and whatnot would be pretty cool and probably more effective/appealing. As for environment there are a few issues. While it's not a pressing issue today, oil is apparently finite, and there's these place China and India that have some rapidly growing deep thirst. Someone better be thinking ahead at least a little. Secondly, if there were a thoroughly laid out modern nuclear grid, your emissions would be absolutely zero.

Now corn based ethanol production, that's stupid.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)