View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I still say it needs to be kept in your own personal privacy, it may not be the states business to protect us from ourselves but it should protect the people from other people.
Like me stealing your car. Fine.

Quote:
Smoking in public is annoying, its been proven to be the leading cause of death next to car accidents.
Inside a business is not "public". Don't want to be in a smokey bar/restaurant, don't go to a smokey bar/restaurant. Your are NOT entitled to a smoke free private business. You are NOT entitled to work at a smoke free work place.

Quote:
However if youre a business youre getting permission from the state to opperate as such, and if you dont want to follow the no smoking law you dont have to. But you wont have a business license.
You're forgetting the part where they raid your ass with a SWAT team to shut you down and auction off your business . . for the good of the people.

This is one of the most insane anti-American ideas ever. Daddy may I please do business with other people who want to do business with me, please please. I promise to be a good boy and do what you say.

Mind your own business. At one point we literally went to war over shit like this. Now we live on our knees. Legitimize state intervention in life to make it better, especially if you only have a utilitarian majoritarian positivist view of law, and you can't be surprised as they keep finding new things to justify their employment and continual "improvement" of society. They will never run out of things to tell you to do. . . and make you do.

Just as Volvo and Mercedes began evolving safety equipment for personal and competitive reasons LONG before government mandates, so to can society develop without the dead hand of the state dictating our existence. It is simply unnecessary and in many cases very counter productive. For one thing, as people have come to perceive a state that provides a safe cradle to grave existence, people become more and more numb to the responsibility of making their own choices.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)