View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #52
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Something tells me working on a car for 6 hours on a saturday isnt the same as doing coke for 6 hours on a saturday
How do you know?

They're both addictive to varying degrees and pretty gnarly money pits. Actually, growing your own weed would be far more cost effective than being sucked into the car hobby. Actually, some of those guys make serious bank so keep that in mind the next time you make fun of a pot head.

I'm not advocating drug addiction here, just making light of how expensive it is for the common man. I get the impression, while there wasn't nearly as much cool stuff in the olden days, what they did have was relatively far more affordable, but I could be wrong. The car hobby, like a lot of hobbies, unless you let it put in the poor house, or interfere with other more primary relationships in your life, is very healthy. It's given me the chance to meet a lot of interesting people I wouldn't have met otherwise. Also, there is a lot of pleasure in thinking up what to do, then doing it, then seeing the results. In a very real sense for me, it's not actually about the car. Grasshopper.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)