Thread: Sold the Cobra
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Sad times.
Honestly, I'm not sad at all. I know that sounds weird, but I just wasn't using it. It was an awesome car, I didn't have to do anything to it other than oil changes and just fixing the AC.

It held value like a champ too, so I got a lot of cash out of it (enough that with our existing savings, we have a solid down payment on a house in a couple years). It also drops our monthly liabilities about $450 which will be nice.

In the end with the little guy I just didn't envision myself using it that much for at least a couple years. I'd rather have the cash.

For my next fun car I want something that will be a better all around performer, not so much just a straight line car. The Cobra was fun, but it was loud, the shifter position is atrocious, it already had some creaks and rattles, and I guess I'm getting old because I want something more refined next time. I'm hoping C6 Z06's will drop to the 30k range in 2 years or so. I'd love to pick one up if they do.

Finally, the guy who bought is a really nice guy. He had a Cobra before, and someone ran a redlight and totaled it. He was very excited, it was nice to see. I remember when I was that excited 4 years ago when I got it. I just wasn't that excited anymore.