View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I also tend to wing it when it comes to cooking. My dishes come out slightly different everytime. I do follow directions when baking since chemistry is involved. I have alter brown sugar to white sugar ratio to change the texture of my chocolate chip cookies, but that is about it.
One bit of advice about making sauces with soy sauce, the flavor changes some when you boil it and the imported Japanese soy sauce has a better taste because of the wine that the US version don't have.
I make a teriyaki sauce that I use for a base in many items I cook.

Bob
Yeah I learned that the hard way a while ago, I only buy the imported soy sauce from the japanese market, anything japanese really i buy from there. Adding sake or some other sort of light alcohol keeps the soy from boiling to a teped taste, the sake just seems to taste better in the sauce than other alcohols, maybe its just me.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!