View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #103
pain's fun, hit me again

Nope, dont need too. Having it lightened would require a rebalance, only reason to have it lightened would be if i was spinning big rpm but im not with this one. It will have maybe a max power range of 6000, where the stock redline is 6250. So im still sticking with the budget theme and only doing whats really needed. So far the rebuild has cost me...
$180 for the pistons, tank, bore, hone, tap to 1/2", clearance the pistons, and hanging of the rods.
$200 head studs, main studs, adjustable guide plates, timing chain
$180 head gaskets
$70 cam grind
$320 for head work, porting, valve job, etc
$120 rockers
$100 molly rings and bearings

Still need various gaskets, pushrods and an intake then im all set, far over budget but the piece of mind for a new engine is nice, plus it will run hard without the vortech and be an obsolute monster after it.
Figure 9.3:1 at 14psi with a charge cooler will be about 500-550rwhp and about 410-430rwtq for under 2k, not bad at all.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!