View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
Put up sound walls or set up an active noise reduction system. Cars aren't as loud as the military jets were at full afterburner. As far as I am concerned if the airbase was there when you moved nearby, you should have considered the possibility of noise pollution.

Bob
I used to work with my dad nearby when it was still an active base (and went there a few times when I was a Sea Cadet). There were loud as all hell (and awesome sounding.) But it's simple really. The government can kinda put in what it wants where it wants, and that was there from the olden days to boot. It's been inactive for a long time now and that's probably when most of hte population moved in to be honest.

There definitely is a technical solution to the problem, either high wall barriers, active sound reduction, and enforced max output (like many race tracks have now), but they'd probably raise the necessary price for admission beyon what the market would bear. Would you pay $30 for a few runs on a night in Tustin?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)