View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #1

Default Fun at the Ford Dealer

Just a little story for you guys.
Today I stoped by Huntington Beach Ford and asked them about a used 2012 Boss 302 they had. The Boss was missing the bottom stripe of both doors,had just over 1200. miles and had an Eibach adjustable strut/shock set up and a Bear 14" rear brake kit but no adjustable panhard thus pushing the rear out about a 1/4" on the driver side. (it also had dog hair inside and damp seats from what seems like a steam cleaning) but enough about the car , I asked about the car and a sales guy named Terry (old guy dyed black hair and stash you know the type) I ask him what happened to the car he said thats just the way the guy liked it and that it has over $10,000.in upgrades like Eibachs, so I asked (already know since I checked it out before he came out) what else was done and ofcourse I got no answer .
so I asked well how much ? "Oh it's on sale for $59,990.right now since new ones are about 8-10 grand above that "
I said well thats crazy for a used Boss with miles and I pointed out the panhard problem , so he asked well how much do you think you can get one for. So I told him I can get a new one for $42,000. then he got upset and ask from who! so I told him the guys at Puente Hill will get me one thats there regular price for one,his reply was "I use to run that shop and you go buy one then" as his abruptly walked away from me .
I don't know why some of these guys get so upset when it's not there way. don't you think they should be nice and polite even when they know they can't make a deal.